Tuesday 5 March 2013

Emerald City Comicon Pics!

So I met a bunch of awesome cosplayers at Emerald City Comicon this saturday, so I decided to take pictures! These are the ones that turned out the best from my not so awesome iPod touch camera.


First off, my favorite pic of the day, a big old group shot of people cosplaying my favorite comic, X-Men!



Bender from Futurama!  This dude did an amazing job making a mascot style costume.


I'm not a huge fan of Superman in the comics, but I do love the old movies from the 70s.  I'm also looking forward to Man of Steel because so many of my favorite actors in it, namely Henry Cavill as Superman/ Clark Kent and Kevin Costner as his earth dad.  First guy is Man of Steel Superman, and second guy is Classic Superman.  His girlfriend was Wonderwoman ;).


Looks like I'm not the only one who loves current TV!  Rick from Walking Dead, and Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones.  Dany is particularly cute with her dragon stuffy.


2012 was the year of the comic book movies, and here are some more awesome cosplays to celebrate that!  Hawkeye and Black Widdow (squee!) from The Avengers, and Judge Dredd from, well, Dredd.



Khajit from Skyrim, and dude (I have no idea what he is) from World of Warcraft.  I honestly thought the dude from Skyrim was from Thundercats, despite never having seen Thundercats and being a fan of Skyrim (let's call that a blonde moment).  I took the pic of the dude from WoW because it's an awesome cosplay.





And finally, my sister and her friend as Sherlock and Moriarty from BBC's Sherlock, pretending to be dead while waiting for pictures to be developed.

Check back in a couple days and I will have video from the con as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment