Monday 14 January 2013

Kevin Costner :)

I know a lot of people are crushed that Benedict Cumberbatch didn't win for Sherlock in this year's Golden Globes, but, I will be honest, I'm really happy for Kevin Costner's win. No, seriously, I am. I've been a fan of Costner since I was a little kid and saw Robin Hood for the first time. He had some flops in the late 90s with Waterworld and The Postman, but even those were imaginative. The guy has a penchant for telling great stories, especially of the folk variety. I'm really looking forward to Man of Steel, where he plays Clark Kent's adoptive father (not Kalel, he's played by Russell Crowe, who I also love). He's not popular, that's true, but he's definitely a good actor. Different, but good. Anyways, Cumberbatch has a lot of acting years ahead of him. He'll have tons of opportunities to show his mettle. I'm also a fan of Christian Bale, and that dude wasn't nominated for a major award until The Fighter, and had tons of huge roles before that.

No comments:

Post a Comment