Saturday 10 March 2012

Jayne (Firefly) Toque


In getting geared up for Emerald City Comicon I've knitted myself a Jayne toque (beanie for those not from Canada) from Firefly.


I do realize that mine is better made than the show, but I'm happy I got the colors right.  This is also the first time I've knitted anything in years, and my first hat.  I'm quite proud of myself, even if it is simplistic.  Even thought the pattern called for a stocking stitch I got lazy and just did the standard knit/ purl stitch, the one that you see on everything from t-shirts to sweaters.  The edging is done by crocheting.




You can see the different layers and pom-pom in this view.  This is also the first time I've made a pom-pom. The three colors of yarn are different widths, but I think it looks alright, especially considering the toque is intended to be Jayne's from Firefly.

So, yet again, my plans have changed for as to what costume I am going to make.  Because Mass Effect 3 hit me really hard, being one of the best written pieces of literature in any form I have experienced, I want to do my best making one of the main characters, probably Liara or a female Shepard.  Anyways, I'm definitely going to make a Kaylee from Firefly, and my friend is going to be an Inara.  I will also have this toque at the ready.  I'm still astounded I made it in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment